Wednesday, June 11, 2014

"I'm done. I'm finally done. And things are different now."

So ... a few weeks ago, I finished treatment. The last/12th treatment made me so very sick, but I was so happy to know that I'm done with chemotherapy for a while. I was mostly relieved to give my sweet mother a break, to give my hub and chillens a break, and to give my shrinking body a chance to heal a little.

It's taken me weeks to feel good. My emotions are still pretty roller-coasterish. I feel like I've gained some friendships, and sadly ... I think I've lost a few, too. I mostly feel like I've lost a serious amount of time that I can never get back, days and days of fatigued-laced time that I can't remember.

But ... I'm focused on eating well and I'm planning to start "training" next week for a big vacation planned for October with my parents, in-laws, littles, and hub. I'm going to start walking daily, well ... let's say I'll be limping. My left foot is still a mess. But I need to start training to get my body back to a more healthy weight.

There's a cancer movie and a cancer TV show right now that are all the rage. I've decided not to watch either of them. Instead, I'm focused on my scheduled pet scan and my upcoming appointment with my oncologist to see where I'm at ... and what we're going to do next.

The video below is of me ringing the "I'm done with treatment!" bell. My dad Alan is the videographer ... I hug him last, but it doesn't show it. Enjoy.

Carry on,
Kristin


No comments:

Post a Comment